Upon recognizing the increasing worldwide emphasis on protecting workers’ health and safety, the increasing numbers of emerging new industries, and the societal demands for safety and health professionals, the mission of the DOSH is to accomplish the following founding goals:
1. Reduce occupational hazards,
2. Ensure workers’ psychological and physical well-being,
3. Advance occupational safety and health knowledge and skills,
4. Emphasize the ability to put theory into practice,
5. Foster both humanistic quality and ethical responsibility in students.